10.27.2009

Tombstone

My mother-in-law just sent me a tombstone. Yes, a tombstone. The woman sent me a fucking Facebook tombstone three days before the anniversary of E's death. What the hell is wrong with this woman? Is she dense? Stupid? Passive aggressive? Just plain aggressive and mean?Seriously, who in their right mind sends a grieving mother a fucking 'cute' tombstone? Here OM. Here's your tombstone. Isn't it cute? It's for Halloween! To decorate your Facebook Farm you never actually visit. Oh? You don't say? This is the week E died? Wait. Who's E? Oh, that's her name? Huh. Well, anyway. Happy Halloween! Don't you just love the tombstone?

18 comments:

still life angie said...

AAARGH! How insanely insensitive! Can you catapult it back to her farm? It really bugs me to see tombstones on people's lawns.

Lea said...

Only a mother-in-law. I am so sorry... ignorant, insensitive!

Donna said...

Ugh - sorry about that. But some people are just that dense...

Kara's Mom said...

Weird. It sounds like she was sending you something for Halloween and not taking into account that E died this week. I'm sorry for her insensitivity.

Snarky Belle said...

Oh my gosh, that is beyond ridiculous!! Greatly lacking compassion and common sense! I am so very sorry!!

Brenna said...

I know nothing of farms--Facebook annoys the heck out of me--but WTF??! She needs a dip in the pig pen for that. The timing is beyond unfortunate. (And I could so easily see my MIL doing the same thing...I'm sure she doesn't have a clue as to the anniversary of when our babies were born.) I'm sorry hon...ugh.

Sophie said...

Ah yes... Been looking at those this week and thinking... hhmmmm no. Not gifting those to anyone...

I did buy one though to get the bats that came with it... But I look at it and think how dodgy it is.

Sorry your inlaws are so insensitive. People are so quick to forget.

Catherine W said...

Oh geesh. What on earth was she thinking? Was she even thinking at all?

I'm sorry. How awful. Anybody who gifts me a tombstone had better watch out. And your MIL too if I happen to run into her. xo

k@lakly said...

UGH! Good Lord. I'm speechless.
xxoo

Shanti Mama said...

A tombstone, really? Really?

Bluebird said...

Sweet OM,
I know I'm late chiming in here since your "return," but I hope you know how much I've been thinknig of you over the past weekend and months. I am so glad you hear your voice again. I hope that this place is able to be a place of healing for you again - and, if not, know that we understand if you don't write. Take care of *you* friend. You and your husband and your sweet kids.

I am so, so sorry - heartbroken - that these days and anniversaries are upon you. I can relate to the surreal sense of time. For me, sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago. Or maybe only yesterday.

((Hugs)) to you.

Carly said...

omg lady, what was she thinking. so sorry that you had to deal w/ that right now.

try to put her insensitivity out of your mind.

you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mother Knows Best Reviews said...

Wow. That's... wildly inappropriate.

Thinking of you, and hoping you can somehow send a jinx back at her.

Once A Mother said...

I am so sorry that you have to deal with such insensitivity during a time where you should be getting unyielding love and support. Thinking of you, and remembering precious E.

Caz said...

Just popping in from LFCA.
I'm so sorry that your mother in law was so insensitive. They can be so tactless sometimes.
Thinking of you during this dark time.

Gretchen said...

I am so sorry about her ignorance. Your rant was actually pretty perfect though... as soon as I saw the first 3 sentences, those are the same thoughts I had swirling. Only a grieving mother could understand, I guess.

Glad to see you back:)

Gretchen said...

And also remembering your sweet E and how much she is loved and missed each day by her mommy.

Lesley said...

oh sweetie!!! I am so sorry she was so insensitive!!! OMG- do people just not use their brains?? only a mother in law....