7.30.2009

Dessert Yoga

Dear OM's Yoga Instructor:

For future reference, please refrain from endlessly speaking during shavasana pose. If you must speak, please refrain from describing class members as any form of dessert consisting of many disgusting layers (OM nearly puked at the mention of Cool Whip -- eww).

Sincerely,

OM

P.S. Namaste

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious and disturbing. xo

forward tumble said...

??? I don't do yoga... Can someone elaborate? Sound funny though :-)

xx Ines

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

Shavasana pose is at the very end (also called corpse pose). It's a time to let your practice settle in as you lay on your mat (I never know when to use lie/lay and I'm too lazy to check now). :)

Donna said...

Not knowing anything about yoga (even with the description of the pose) this sounds disturbing... Is it at least a good dessert?

Michele said...

Cool whip? Yuck!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, that is hilarious... not being there, but hearing about it!!!

forward tumble said...

i think I'm having the giggles, it's wonderful to giggle with you guys!

xx Ines

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

IMO, nothing with Cool Whip is good. Real whipped cream is necessary. However, at the end of yoga, I don't enjoy hearing about any culinary cuisine. :)

Anonymous said...

I've done it. I've tagged you for an award! xxxxxx

Lianne said...

OM,

After reading your Life Events, it is clear that you have been through quite a lot. I'm so sorry for your loss (I know, how many times have you heard that before?). In all seriousness, I never realized that there were so many women out there going through same pain as me. If it wasn't for this incredibly supportive network, I don't know where I would be.

Last year, I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism and had severe (throat got swollen and couldn't breath!) allergic reactions to BOTH medications for it. That's why they offered me a Thyroidectomy and the radioactive treatment. I opted for the treatment, and have been Hypo. since. Having to pop a pill for the rest of my life isn't exactly my cup of tea.

So in the smallest way, I know what you might be going through. I will keep you and your family in my prayers! God Bless.

<3, Lianne

still life angie said...

All I can say is so very weird that jello mold came up in normal conversation, let alone during meditation, but all I can say is her chi is on shaky ground. GET IT? Shaky. Jello mold.

All right, I'll go back to my stupid life. With love.

Shanti Mama said...

WTF.