5.30.2009

Raindrops on Roses & Whiskers on Kittens

Don't worry, I won't tag you. This isn't some sort of chain mail, forwarded email, Facebook note, or blog award (although, I do love those).

I just thought I'd share a few of my 'favorite' things with you. Keep in mind this is an ever evolving list, please contribute your own so I can expand my favorites. :) Also, I thought I'd share favorites we all can access, at least via the web.

As the post title describes, I just love 'My Favorite Things', by Julie Andrews in Sound of Music.

Here are a few more:

Andy Gibb (my very first crush, at age 4!)


Pandora Radio - particularly the Instrumental Folk, New Age Nature Sounds, and Bluegrassy Instrumental
Yoga Today -- combine a Yoga Today class with Pandora Radio and you've got yourself a beautiful yoga practice (turn the volume down a bit on Pandora and up a bit on Yoga Today so you can hear the cues)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, with Israel Kamakawiwo


That's all I've got for today.

Peace.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! Andy Gibb was such a cutie. Have you heard of Lastfm.com. I listen to it and Pandora. Wizard of Oz is in my top 10 musical movies. Can't wait to read what you put up next. Thanks for the smile.

Alana said...

I LOVE "The Sound of Music!" What a cute post idea! :)

Mommy (You can call me OM) said...

Oh, Candy. Wasn't he though? I'd forgotten about him until recently and I couldn't name one song of his. Thank goodness for youtube!

And, Mom in Jacksonville. I love Julie Andrews. Mary Poppins is probably my favorite.

Michele said...

Yummy- Andy Gibb... I had a record of his as a kid...

I really enjoy Maire Brennan's music. Really haunting. And, for a completely different taste, Evanescence,

Two Shorten the Road said...

I hearted Andy Gibb. Thought his brothers were pretty cute too. I had an orange Bee Gees radio (c. 1979) that was the coolest. Wish I knew where that was now. :)

Barbara said...

Wow, Andy Gibb. He was one of my first ever crushes, forgotten until now!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog!

xxx