5.08.2009

Mommy loses her marbles

I guess I hit my breaking point about an hour ago. I'm still shaking a bit from the sobbing. And my head hurts from trying to pull my hair literally out of my head.

I don't want to give the impression that I feel like this every moment of every day. But, when I said (more like screamed) "I just want to die. Please let me die", I meant it. Just an hour later, I take it back. I know I don't want to die. I just want this pain, this lack of energy, the disorganized thought processes, the inability to complete most any task to finally end. If sad and stressful events could just live in real time, and not continue to linger long after their occurrence, they'd be much easier for the body and mind to endure. But, they don't end when it looks like they end. They linger. The emotions, when you least expect them, just explode. Rational thought and attempts at optimism are thrown out the window.

As I write this, I'm tempted to say that I forgot about God in my moment of insanity. But, that's inaccurate. After all, who was I talking to when I requested death? For me, God is essential. I feel that moments when I forget that, all hell breaks loose. I'm resisting feeling guilty about that because I cognitively know I shouldn't. But, emotionally I feel that if I only relied on God more I wouldn't feel such sorrow. My children wouldn't have to see their mother lose her marbles.

Please say a few prayers for me and especially for my husband and children this weekend. It's funny. This morning, I thought to myself, "Wow. I'm doing pretty darn well. Whew. I sure am more functional than I was a few months ago." Then, the emotional shit hit the fan.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh hon, I wish I could give you a hug. You are going through so much at the moment and it's just exhausting for you. I'm saying prayers for you and your husband and your children this weekend. And I've remembered sweet E on Mother's Day too. I'll show you on my blog tomorrow xxxx

Lea said...

Thinking of you, especially on Sunday.

xo

Rebuilding Myself said...

I will be thinking and praying for you. Isn't it always the way? Just when we think we are doing alright, everything falls apart.

One step at a time ... wish I could give you a hug.

caitsmom said...

Sending you lots of hugs. I still have those episodes, when I just don't want to feel anymore. Hoping for better times for you. Peace.

CLC said...

Thinking of you this weekend and every day. It's so hard. You are not alone.

Snarky Belle said...

I wish I could just hug you. I am so very sorry for your pain. You have so much on you right now. I wish I could ease your burdens.

My husband could tell you that there were times I too, literally, pulled at my hair and my skin. It was like I just needed to pull everything off...I can't explain it. I just want you to know that you are NOT crazy, and you are NOT alone!!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love you!

September said...

Came across your blog today thru Angela's blog. After reading your post today, I felt I should write and just send you a ((hug!))
I will be thinking of you this weekend, and will pray for you as well.
I am going to add your blog to my reading list. Keep looking up!
www.septembermccarthy.blogspot.com

Alana said...

SO sorry you're having such a rough time of it, OM. Hang in there. Sending thoughts, hugs, and prayers your way!

Shanti Mama said...

Yup, just when you think you are doing well, it happens.

Thinking of you and the family this weekend.

Never forgetting Gregory said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling this. I know this will be such a tough weekend. I have at times been surprised at how well I was doing, only to have it all come crashing down. Hugs. I will be thinking about you.

still life angie said...

Thinking about you this weekend, sending you love, strength, grounding and a sense of peace and we remember our babies...xoxoxo

Michele said...

On sweetie, sometimes the sh!tstorm never passes. The pain is there, just under the surface, and when it comes out, that gutteral, primal sense of loss comes with it. It's okay to cry so hard it hurts. (If it's not, then I need to be committed!)

Thinking of you always, especially tomorrow.

Brenna said...

Sending extra thoughts and love your way this weekend~~~

JM said...

I found my way to your blog as well and have been thinking of you...I lost my daughter at 40 weeks almost 6 years ago. I'm so sorry and I wish none of us ever had to go through this.

I'm sending prayers of strength your way. ((HUGS))

kay said...

Happy Mothers Day,
Thinking of you in my heart,
Lots of Love, Hugs & Kisses,
Kay xxxx

Anonymous said...

It's interesting how we know what we know, yet feel what we feel. The two are not connected, they don't communicate the heart and the brain. I am thinking and sending you warm and loving thoughts. A great big hug. Our pains while different are pains nevertheless. Take care and Happy Mothers Day -- you are a wonderful woman and a loving mother. Take pride in that!

Carly Marie said...

My prayers are for you tonight.

I am praying for peace of you mind and heart.

I am so sorry for the way you are feeling.

My love to you xxxxx

Gretchen said...

Yes, the emotional rollercoaster is not a fun one. I am thinking of you today on Mothers Day, as we celebrate (or try to) and grieve all at the same time. I'm sure E is looking down, so proud of her mama.

Ruth said...

just wondering how you are doing, sending you my love and encouragement- my dear friend!

Bluebird said...

Oh, dear friend. I'm so, so sorry. I just realized how inappropriate my email to you was - I hadn't yet read your blog, for which I apologize.

I wish I could just scoop you up off the floor and wrap you in my arms and somehow make the hurt ease - just a little. I wish I could do that for you.

I understand your words about God. But I have no idea what to do about it. B and I attended Sunday night church after we got home from Virginia (yes, that's three weeks in a row, if you're counting - a first for us in a long, long time). "Lucky" us, it was baby dedication day. Which was fine. Until the next song came on, "How great is our God, sing with me, how great is our God. . ." And I just lost it.

Always, always thinking of you. Please let us know how you are today, if you're able. ((Hugs))

Mrs. Spit said...

Oh, OM, I'm sorry. Those days sneak up on us, and we can hardly know what to do with ourselves.

I could give you scriptures, and in my worst times, I have found reciting the words from Psalms to be of comfort, but perhaps it is simply better to say that there is no place we can go that we are so far from God that He cannot reach us. And when you are in your worst times, He is right there with you. When you hurt so badly that you simply cannot take it, He hurts too.

Sending what peace and comfort there may be, and hoping for a better day.

k@lakly said...

The waves of grief are awful and they come without warning. It's so overwhelming and it can really throw you when you think you are doing so well. I hope your family surrounded you this weekend with all the love and support you need. And then some.
xxoo

Sara said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this hard time. We all have peaks and valleys....here's hoping you get over this one soon. I wish I could do more...

Jill said...

Sending lots of hugs and positive support! I wish I could make it all go away for you.