I'm very low right now. Low energy. Low mood. Just sad. And unsettled.
E's due date is next week. Have I already said that about 100 times in previous posts? When I first discovered I was pregnant with E, I calculated her due date as St. Patrick's Day. I thought that date was fitting because we're Irish, albeit Americanized Irish who know little to nothing about Ireland. We're claiming the heritage anyway, dammit.
I didn't necessarily think E would arrive on St. Patrick's Day. I figured she'd arrive anytime from the end of February until mid-March because my second born, O, arrived two and a half weeks early. Thus, I've been edgier than normal these days -- if that's even possible.
We didn't have names picked out when we discovered E had died. During the four days leading up to E's induction, I remember feeling the need to give this baby the best name I could imagine, not just one I liked. We crafted names for a boy and names for a girl that both my husband and I thought were exceptionally beautiful. I'm grateful that despite our grief and fear, we realized that this baby deserved the same respect and thoughtfulness we gave to our other children.
Perhaps one day I'll feel confident the "real world" will never discover my blog. Then, I will broadcast E's name for all the world to hear. Until then, you'll have to trust me -- our Irish ancestors would be proud.
3.14.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I'm Irish, too (Americanized as well). I fully expected my babies to be wearing green right now. It's hard. And feels so unfair.
I'm sure E's name is beautiful. :)
We selected mostly Greek names, in honor of Peter's ancestry. Even though, as I tease him on a regular basis, our children are "mostly Irish".
Thinking of you guys...
This post has me crying. I am thinking of you. I am just so sorry. I wish I could do more to help ease your pain. Love you.
I am certain your Irish ancestors are beyond proud. I know it's probably weird, but I picture them with E doing an Irish jig. :)
Nothing about me is Irish--other than my first name! Irish for "maiden with the raven hair," which was a pretty sure bet given that both my parents are dark-haired, dark-eyed individuals. I love giving children names that are in keeping with their heritage, though. Sometimes I wish my Jewish dad would have convinced my Methodist mom to go with something Hebrew, just because there are so many beautiful Hebrew names out there. I digress...I think it's wonderful that you gave such thought and care to E's name. Our boys names honestly aren't the same ones we most likely would have given them had they been born several months later. I don't know why, exactly, except that we probably went with more classic, strong, family-oriented names knowing that they would become angels right away.
I hope you feel better soon.
xxoo
I'll be thinking of you and E this week. I'm so sorry her birth and life story isn't the way you imagined it. I know she is so very loved and missed.
Sometimes I really freaking hate the calendar. I hate the dates. I hate that time moves on, and I hate that it doesn't move on fast enough. I will be thinking of you this week, and always.
And I have no doubt that E's name is beautiful. I can't recall if you told me somewhere along the way, or if I just created it in my own mind! But I have a name for her in my head and its perfect and beautiful and soft and full of grace.
Here from LFCA..thinking about you and your WHOLE family. I'm so sorry for your loss and I wish you peace.
((((HUGS))))
I have been thinking of you and your family. I think I may have mentioned somewhere along the way that the anticipation of the date was much worse that the actual day, for me at least. Try to find some time to reflect and find some peace. I actually spent some of the day thinking of my girls and smiled about the fact that I was so lucky to have them in my life.
I am Irish too! and I have no doubt that E would/is/will make her Irish ancestors proud. Much love to you.
Thank you for commenting on my Show & Tell.
I'm also Irish..."almost all" according to my Dad. But very definitely Americanized!
I'm sorry you are hurting.
Thinking of you and your family as you remember E.
Here from lfca
Thinking of you today and this week. It's still so raw and fresh for you. I am sure your Irish ancestors would be proud of E too!
Post a Comment