I have news, but not necessarily answers. My blood tests came out fine. The ultrasound showed several nodules on my thyroid. The radiologists don't think the nodules appear worrisome, but they don't know for sure. Thus, I'll see a thyroid specialist next Thursday for further evaluation.
I'm relieved everything appears fine. But, I'm not feeling entirely off the hook. For one thing, they don't know what the nodules are. Second, this could very well be the reason E died. I don't know how I feel about that. If it is the reason, it doesn't seem very concrete. Maybe I'm searching for impossible answers. I think I just want my daughter back in my arms.
3.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Oh, I so understand. We want answers, but . . .
When we first learned of my blood clotting disorders I cried and cried. I thought I would be glad to have answers - but it hurt too much to feel that everything was my "fault" and that it could have been treated. Then when we were told that the clotting disorders *may* have been the reason, but we can't say for sure - well - that didn't help at all. I wanted to tell them just what they could do with their less-than-concrete reasons, you know what I mean!?!!
I hope the specialist is able to shed some more light on things. This must be very frustrating.
I hope you find the answers you want, or need. I just want you to feel some peace. I'm thinking of you!
BB, I completely know what you mean. I thought I wanted to know what caused E's death. I still don't know. But, if it turns out it's my thyroid, did I really want that? Especially if it's not for sure -- or worse, if there's nothing they can do about it for future pregnancies.
Thank you to you both for your well wishes. :)
loving you and praying for you, e's death was not ur fault either way!!!! it just happens and it sucks, i know because i keep asking why and sometimes there really isn't an answer but HE is still in control and He knows and I'm trying to get to the place where that is ok. . .
I don't know about this "answers" road either. Like Bluebird, it is hard to know-- or to not to really know.
Hope your feeling ok (whatever ok is these days) and thinking of you.
Thinking of you as you continue on the road of looking for some answers. Wishing with you that E. was in your arms, not in heaven.
I'm sorry you don't have any answers yet. I know that finding out won't bring back E, but somehow it seems to help know why it all happened.
I kind of kick myself for not doing more to learn about Emma's death. The nurse automatically said cord accident because it had been wrapped tightly 3 times - and I took it for truth. Now I worry because we didn't get an autopsy or any further testing.
I hope you find out more soon. I'll be thinking of you.
Sending you a big hug. I wish you had E back in your arms, too.
Post a Comment