2.27.2009

The (incomplete) List

I think it's time I come clean. Call it my Lenten reconciliation in blogland. I just have a lot on my mind, so I'm going to list what I can remember:
  1. We have debt. A lot of debt. My student loans. Credit cards. Mortgage. Vehicle.
  2. My husband is in a dead end job. Fortunately, he's a shareholder in the dead end company. Unfortunately, the owner is really dragging his feet on giving my husband his requested buyout so we can move on with our lives.
  3. My husband goes to an out-of-state conference next week, leaving me with our three living children for the first time since we lost E.
  4. My boople hurts.
  5. I weigh more than I feel comfortable weighing. Between N and E, I lost 30 pounds. I'm not up to my all time high, but I'm somewhere in between. I don't like it. But, in the back of my mind, I also wonder if I lost E because I weighed less than my other pregnancies.
  6. OK. This one is tough. I feel crampy. We actually had sex for the first time last Saturday. I haven't gotten my period yet. I did a bit of tracking, and I should have gotten my period by today. I think I'm OK with either result, period or pregnant. I wanted to be absolutely positive I had my mental ducks in a row before trying again and I also wanted to get a bunch of house projects done before trying, but I think I'd be happier with a pregnancy than a period.
  7. My boople hurts.
  8. My house is a sty. A pig sty.
  9. My vehicle is also a pig sty.
  10. My hair is turning gray.
  11. I still get acne, randomly.
  12. I want chocolate and wine, but I gave them up for Lent. I was starting to think I was an alcoholic chocolate freak.
  13. I get angry too easily, too frequently, and too explosively.
  14. I have receding gums. I get to go to the dentist on Monday. I never dreaded the dentist until six months ago, when I was diagnosed with receding gums. I might now need sedation.
  15. I think I'm going farsighted. I'm already nearsighted.
  16. Our roof leaks. We got a new roof last summer after a hailstorm. Our old roof did not leak. The deadbeat contractor is well, a deadbeat.
  17. My attention span rivals that of a tick.
  18. I have an ear infection. And a sinus infection.
  19. Last night, I told my mother I was struggling with this whole grief thing. Today, she didn't even mention it. But, she did go on and on and on about some work conflict of her own. And money. And a lot of random shoving of guilt onto my plate.
  20. My organizational skills, meal planning skills, and time management skills do not exist.
  21. We got a flat tire tonight. See number 1.
  22. I'm too tired to think of more, but I know they exist. That bugs me.
  23. I just checked the appearance of this post, and Blogger still gives me these freakin' flowers. I wanted numbers. I hate these flowers.

Thank you for reading my rant. Please do share some of your own.

9 comments:

Michele said...

I'm thining of you tonight and hoping that you find peace either with a BFP or a period. As to the cramping, I'm there with you and it sucks!

As to the ranting... Have I mentioned I am so unhappy at work recently??? :)

Thinking of you...

Shanti Mama said...

Ah, why are we living the same life?

Brenna said...

I like the flowers. It's kind of a nice little irony, to present your "sh$t list" topped with posies. ;) I'm sorry -- I can certainly relate to the vast majority of your list. Except, of course, when I feel crampy I can just safely chalk it up to my period or gas (slightly less exciting than your possibility!). I'll be thinking about you. xxoo

Bluebird said...

I don't mind the flowers either :) Now if they had been hearts - well, hearts really get on my nerves!!!

Thanks for sharing and for your honesty. I actually kind of posted a similar list this morning!, although not so much of a rant as a . . . hum . . .lets call it introspection :)

Anonymous said...

WoW. what a list! First, chocolate and wine are great! Chocolate makes you happy and red wine -- well same thing. How long is lent? I haven't wrote my blog yet (about to do it in a minute) but one of the things I am going to do (and I got the idea from these Daily OM's that I get) is to write 5 things each day for one week that I like about myself. I am going to blog it to stay true and to go back and look at later (when I need it). We can always think of the bad and awful things happening in our lives (I am playing that game very well right now) but we don't often think of the good stuff. What would your 5 things be today? tomorrow?

Gretchen said...

The flower "bullets" - just too cute for this post:). I'm sorry your mom was too self absorbed to follow-up about your conversation. Hang in there... will be thinking of you next week when hubby leaves for the week.

K said...

I undertsand so many of your points and you are not alone. We must be living a similar life.

Anonymous said...

economic downturn sucks

Jill said...

I think our husbands must work for the same company. ugh!

I was just talking to my friend today about how it's almost insane to give up chocolate for lent. I could never ever do it. never. Kudos to you! (I was never really good at giving anything up anyway...and I always slipped up and ate meat on fridays. I was a bad Catholic.)

Feel better soon!

Also, I like the flowers. They really add to this post ;)