2.17.2009

Honest Scrap

Sweet Bluebird tagged me for this award a week or so ago. I was so honored to receive it, mainly because it reveals that somebody actually reads my blog. Thank you, Bluebird!

The rules of the award:

1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

  • As far as non-vegetarian food goes, I eat only turkey, chicken, and seafood.
  • I ran competitively in college. I hate running.
  • I love yoga, particularly ashtanga.
  • I am allergic to cats. I own two felines.
  • I adore dogs.
  • I've "evolved" from drinking White Zin in my twenties, to Riesling and now Pinot Noir and other reds in my thirties (my current favorite - 2006 Steininger Zweigelt).
  • I can't stand iceberg lettuce.
  • I love listening to Pandora.com.
  • I watch all TV online - no spoilers please. I'm always at least a day behind the rest of the world.
  • I love chocolate, particularly dark chocolate and Lindt truffles.
I nominate The Real Bean, A Place For My Thoughts to Ren, Little Tiny Footprints, Love Reign Over Me, Delightful Journey, My Life After Loss, Snarky Belle, Growing Inside, Please Give Me Back My Heart, One Must Continue to Believe, Lotus Moon Dreams, He Will Carry Me, In the Land of Broken Hearts, By the Pricking of my Thumbs, and Dirty Knees.

If I missed any of you, please let me know. I want to read as many blogs as possible and get to know you, especially if you've experienced baby loss and you need some support.

10 comments:

Brenna said...

Thank you for the nomination, sweet friend! I just discovered your love of yoga today after reading your profile, so now I'm absolutely certain that you'll appreciate "Eat, Pray, Love". After reading your list, we have quite a few things in common. Thanks for sharing your honest scraps with me!

Brenna said...

PS, I definitely read your blog! I need to make sure I'm following it--if not, I'll start now. I'm slowly expanding my world of blogs, bit by bit.

Jen L said...

Way cool. Thanks for tagging me! P.S. I love dark chocolate too!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the nomination =) I'm honored! hehe... I too am glad that someone actually reads my blog, but that's cause I'm probably a bit of a n00b.

omg...I watch my tv on the computer too...ad and therefore rage free! love dark choccie too... now to figure out how to do this award thing...

:)

Carly Marie said...

LOL I hate Iceburg Lettuce too!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, thanks for the nomination! I've never been nominated for anything before I don't think. LOL Thank you for your continued dirty knees and love for baby V~ Ani

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nomination. Way cool. It's wonderful to know that someone else is reading your blog -- especially about your life and sending positive energy along the way.
Thanks!

Ruth said...

I don't know what to do but honestly, I'm thrilled you tagged me, whatever that means, I'm so new to this blogging world and obviously don't really know how or what to do. . .I don't even know how to follow a blog, that's why I was so totally geeked out when I saw that I had followers. I wish I was overeducated but maybe that is why i have you. I hate iceberg lettuce too, i mean, what is the point, no nutritional value. . .i can't believe that you ran competively in college and now u hate running, i'm not a good/fast runner but it is a good release for me. . .maybe I should put all this in my scraps but how, we'll see. thanks again for your support.

Anonymous said...

I raed your blog also! Thanks for tagging me, Bluebird tagged me at the same time she tagged you!

Snarky Belle said...

Thank you for the "Honest Scrap" prize! You made my day! :)
I plan on passing the prize along to others very soon. Thanks again!
((hugs))

And, I agree, iceberg lettuce is yuck!