I am now just over 37 weeks pregnant. Thank you for your understanding and support. I also wanted to let you know that I told all of you before telling people in real life. I still haven't told people in real life. That's probably difficult to believe. Unless I run into somebody in person and she comments on the pregnancy, I just don't talk about it. Even when people do comment, I simply acknowledge the comment and then change the subject. I did tell my friend C who lives about an hour away from me because she works with people who need Medical Assistance and I needed her guidance (I've also been wanting to point out that I was already a few weeks pregnant when my husband lost his job). I haven't said a word about the pregnancy on F-book. In fact, one day somebody asked me about the pregnancy on my wall. I deleted the question and never answered the inquiry. I guess that's been my way of insulating myself. It's not a denial of the pregnancy. It's a way to deal with the fear.
I have been prepping our house for the hopeful arrival of our baby, but an outsider would never guess the purpose of all the work. I've painted our foyer, the backing on our hardwood stairs, a lot of our trim, the kids' walls, ceiling, and trim (along with a magnetic attic door for them). I stripped and painted my childhood desk for my eldest to use this school year because we are homeschooling. I painted several shelves that we'll hopefully install soon.
One thing I haven't done is anything specifically baby related. No shopping for baby clothes. No laundry of existing baby clothes. No organizing baby sleeping arrangements (we've previously co-slept with all of our children, but now I don't think I can do it). No cleaning the car seat or adding a seat to the van. Again, this isn't a denial of the pregnancy. It's simply a way to deal with the fear. I guess I believe if I'm fortunate enough to bring our baby home, all that stuff will just fall into place.
8.16.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I'm sure everything will just fall into place. You can only do what feels right to you.
Oh and btw, I'm a co sleeper too, and this time around I was/am so much more nervous about it, but then I am about everything.
We are co sleeping, but I'm *much* more paranoid about things like bed covers and sleeping positions than I ever was before.x
It's true, it will. I told myself over and over again - all a baby needs to come home is a carseat, a place to sleep, and diapers (which can be picked up on the way home!). Everything else will work itself out.
((Hugs))
I so get this. I will be 37 weeks on Thursday and there are still people in real life that have no idea. We do what we have to in order to get by.
xo
You have to do what feels right for you. That's all you can do.
Hugs, prayers, and many more hugs.
It is so hard. I didn't prep anything either or talk about it too much. It is tough, but definitely protection for ourselves, which we deserve. I'll be thinking of you. Lots of Hugs!
Post a Comment