6.05.2009

O's Blood Test Results

Good news: I'm crazy!

That said, the superstitious side of me still holds out waiting for something weird to show up. Nonetheless, here's the scoop. Our doctor called shortly after my last post (I'm sorry. This is my first opportunity to post). He said overall, O's results were very good. He does have one bit of concern with O's glucose levels because they fell just above the normal range. But, he does not think it's necessary to put O through anymore testing at this time. We'll simply keep an eye on O's weight and if no other issues develop, we'll wait to test his glucose again in a year or more.

Our doctor thinks that O might have had a virus coupled with the possibility of seasonal allergies and developing skin issues. N gets severe eczema and she has a peanut allergy. N also is currently being treated with steroids and nebulizer treatments for wheezing that hopefully will not one day be diagnosed as asthma. I also have allergies and asthma. So, our doctor thinks because this is a bad year for pollen, etc., O is reacting to that and he likely suffers from the same allergens as N and I.

For now, I'm satisfied and relieved. O is eating again, although not a lot. O never eats a lot. He's feeling better and his skin doesn't appear as rashy. I know I'll always worry about every one of my children, but at least now I have the blood test to prove O is alright. Now, the girls need to line up for their tests! I'm kidding.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? I'm glad you did the tests. Peace of mind is PRICELESS. And I'm so glad O is alright. Have a great weekend! xx

Michele said...

i've never been happier to hear someone is crazy! so glad things are ok!

Shanti Mama said...

Whew! Allergies can make people feel like such crap, it is unbelievable. I'm glad it is nothing more. So happy the OM family is feeling better!

Snarky Belle said...

HOORAY!!! I just did the happy dance. Oh, I am so thankful and relieved for your family!!! Give that little one a squeeze from me. ;)

I agree with Seraphim, peace of mind is priceless!! So thankful you have some now.

Enjoy your weekend!! (((hugs)))

T said...

Wonderful news!!!!

Anonymous said...

Phew! What a relief. Enjoy your weekend.

caitsmom said...

I'm so glad you received this good news. Peace.

still life angie said...

Oh my goodness, so incredibly awesome. Just great news. I was thinking about you guys a ton, and glad you are crazy like the rest of us. Much love to you and O.

Brenna said...

BEST NEWS EVER!!! So happy to hear it--now you can relax a bit and enjoy your weekend. xxoo

k@lakly said...

That's great to hear. Have you tried food sensitivity testing. Alot of excema and allergy symptoms can be relieved by eliminating triggers from diet. I found when I eliminated them from my diet, Casons skin cleared up immediately as did his upset tummies and gas. My SIL did the same thing with my niece who had all kinds of issues with allergies etc and when they tested for food sensitivities, not necessarily 'allergies', they found dairy and wheat were the culprits. Once they removed them from her diet she was a changed child. Traditional docs don't often consider this aspect so you may need to find a herbalist or naturopath to help you. Given the peanut allergy and excema you talk about, it seems likely this may be part of the problem.
Hope you continue to find more answers and solutions!

Alana said...

Yippee! SO glad your little guy is alright! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad your little guy is ok now. I have been keeping you in my prayers!!!

Hugs