I apologize for not writing sooner. I get very little time on my laptop these days because it has become our only working computer and my husband uses it daily for his business. His business experiences positives, especially with the success of his first sales workshop last week where he provided sales training for clients' new hires who traveled here to the Midwest from the East coast. He works full-time, but hasn't built his clientele to the point of full-time pay. It's a daily struggle of positivity fighting negativity, wondering if and hoping that the business really takes off one of these days.
I too am writing a business plan for a business that will provide one-on-one instruction or tutoring for children. My eldest child was diagnosed with dyslexia last Fall and we've had a difficult time finding a skilled tutor who charges affordable rates. L needs Orton-Gillingham instruction and while that's already been recommended and she's been tested by Mayo Clinic, the only local O-G clinic requires their own testing in addition to Mayo's testing. The testing alone costs $400-$600. We recently tracked down an O-G trained instructor who works independently, but it took a lot of networking to find her. My business will make this process easier for other parents while also charging reasonable rates.
We were approved for Medical Assistance, which is a relief. I try to leave my humiliation at the door and keep my head high when calling around for dentist appointments, etc. The hardest part is over and I try to remind myself of that. I've already crawled on my knees asking for help. Now I just have to put it to use with my handy MA card. I continue to strive toward gratefulness and not allow the nagging humiliation persevere.
Thank you for all your comments and support. I will attempt to return the favor once I am able to be online more frequently. All of you are oftentimes my only line of emotional support and I am immensely grateful for that.
6.02.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Best of luck on your business plans; sounds like an important need to fill for parents. Hoping you can let that "humiliation" go, though. There's no shame in asking for what you need, sweetie. Be gentle with yourself; sometimes it takes a pretty strong person to say, "help." Kudos to you!
so glad to hear from you!!! good luck on the work front! you are doing a great job. i am so proud of you!!!
I'm also very glad to hear from you. I've been wondering how things were going.
I hope that your business plans work out. It sounds like an excellent idea and I'm sure you could really help a lot of families. I hope your husband's client list keeps building up.
I think caitsmom is right. It takes a strong person to ask for help and there is really no humiliation in it. x
What makes me so angry about what our Public Assistance programs have been turned into by undeserving, greedy, bottom feeding, abusing the system miscreants, is that hard working, deserving individuals and families like yours, are made to feel like crap if they ask for help. YOU and YOUR FAMILY are what these programs were intended for. These programs were developed to offer a hand or a leg up when, despite all of ones hard work, things don't seem to fall in place when they need to. There is no shame or loss in dignity in asking for help. I have no doubt that you will return it tenfold in your lifetime.
This is what you need to do to get your family through this part of your life. It sounds to me as though you have already started to turn a page and you will be moving into another, more stable one very soon. Be proud of yourself for knowing when to ask for help. So many don't and make things so much worse by not being brave enough to do it.
I think you kick ass. Can't wait to see what you do next.:)
xxoo
Thank you for the support from each of you. I too hope that soon we will find our way out of this. Medical assistance will certainly help, immensely actually. One of my children needs new glasses and MA will cover that.
I cannot thank you all enough for continuously supporting me.
Peace, my friends.
I've thought of you so many times since reading your last post and I'm so glad to hear you've been approved for MA. I can't imagine that stress in addition to everything else. Hoping so much that your husband's work continues to grow and that your business plan likewise goes well. (((Hugs)))
Was just thinking of you this evening. I hope that you got the new glasses on MA and for so much else for you and your family. xo
Post a Comment