I've been wanting to post over the last few days, yet I just don't know what to say. I might soon delve into a lot of my thoughts and experiences before and after losing E. I cannot do that today. Someday.
***
I feel that I'm not spinning my wheels as much as I was two weeks ago. I suppose it's more like I'm stuck in slippery mud versus the tar burning mess I was in before. I still haven't gone to counseling. I know it's my avoidance, procrastination, etc., etc. When I start unloading my life onto the bag boy at the grocery store, that's a pretty clear indicator it's time to find a counselor. See, I don't want to unload it all onto my husband, my friends, or even you guys. So, I choose the bag boy. He's probably 12.
***
I've committed to a garage sale the last weekend in July. The commitment is to myself and to my husband, who hates garage sales. He wanted me to pin down a date and get it done. So, I went through years of children's clothing last weekend. It was emotional, to say the least. I held onto clothing for N that L had worn and that I still like. I also held onto two boxes full of clothes that I called 'keepsake' clothes. They're not necessarily special in the sense that they are expensive or classic or would make a nice heirloom. They are keepsakes to me because when I look at them, I not only see my babies wearing them but I can see and feel my babies. I can visualize where we were when they wore those clothes and what we did. No grand adventures. Just life. And memories.
I was a babbling mess of tears after I went through boxes all day Sunday. I know I would have felt that way even if E had lived. But, the sorrow somehow magnifies because she isn't here. And O starts kindergarten this year (I bawled about that too). And I just want a baby. I want E. If I cannot have E, I still want a baby. I had to look at all those clothes and wonder if I should hang onto the ones N has outgrown. Will there ever be a use for them? I ended up getting rid of most of the 'baby' clothes other than my keepsakes because I reasoned that if we are one day given the gift of another baby, N will be at least 3 1/2 years older than the baby. The clothes will be outdated and yellowed.
***
I go in for another TSH blood test on Friday. I'm actually hoping my TSH is still too high because it would make me feel better about my lack of energy and the depression. I don't know if that makes any sense to anybody but me.
7.15.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Hello sweet friend! Firstly, the last sentence made total sense to me.
Secondly, um, the garage sale. You meant July not June right? I know how teary I get going through my own childrens clothing, so for you, I can't imagine. But I can send big cuddles.
And finally, if you want/ need to offload, we are here. Though a counsellor would probably do a much better job than me.
Sending you lots of love and looking forward to a cyber jog with you soon (bought my new runners the other day, AWESOME!) xxxxx
I haven't been able to go through clothes I have in the basement, or organize anything baby related. We had a garage sale, and I just skipped the entire child part. *sigh* I just know what it will be like...babbling mess of tears is about right.
with love.
I'm so glad to hear from you! Don't push yourself on finding counseling. You'll go when you are ready. Until then - we're all here to listen to anything you have to say.
WOW! A garage sale! That is more ambitious than I will ever be. I've saved a box (or 2 or 3 by now...) of my daughter's things that I just can't bear to part with. I bagged up all the baby stuff we had and took it to Goodwill with in a few weeks of Ellie's death. I just couldn't handle the thought of it being in the house to remind me.
Big ((HUGS))!!!
It makes sense, it really does.
I've missed you. I think of you often. Garage sales are loaded with all sorts of stress! My last garage sale was just before this move. I didn't even delve into the kids' clothes. Couldn't do it...I have this crazy obsession with keeping anything that connects me to them...you know, in case I lose one of them. Weird, huh. Same with baby teeth and stupid crafts from school. I get ready to throw things out, and my immediate thought is:"But what if he/she dies, I'll be so sad I threw this away." I know, it's not a healthy thought process, but it is what it is.
Please take care of yourself. Love you friend!
I can only imagine the emotions!
I remember my mom and gram preparing for their garage sale every year - it was a major prodiction! Best of luck getting prepared.
Sending much love & hugs. xo
hearing you emotions about seeing and remembering... i have things like that too. i'm glad you kept them.
i hope your tsh comes into normal soon and that it helps with how you feel.
sending huhgs, dear one...
TSH seems to be ringing some long forgotten human physiology bell. If I had paid more attention in class perhaps I would be more knowledgeable. I hope that the results help.
Argh, I've had my 'bag boy' moments as well. Unloading on to some completely inappropriate person who just happened to be there. Unluckily for them.
The garage sale part of your post brought tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry that E isn't here with you, filling out all those clothes. I haven't been able to throw anything away, not any clothes belonging to either of my girls. I just can't. I don't know what to do with it all. The attic is full to bursting. My husband is nagging. But I want them all. I guess I'm holding on hoping that I might have a use for them, one day.
Hugs to you xxx
Oh the clothes, I cry when I pack Lil' Mama's away, even before Little One.
A garage sale is a huge undertaking especially when one of the symptoms of depression and grief is disorganization. Be gentle with yourself.
Much love friend
how was your level, TSH?
Post a Comment