1.03.2009
Grief sucks
Two months ago today, I lost my fourth child. My baby girl, E. Technically, November 3 was the day E was born. I cannot tell you the day she died, only the day I discovered she had died. That was October 30, 2008. I went to my regular, 20-week ultrasound that day. As I laid on the table and the ultrasound tech fiddled around, I asked for her to first tell me the baby's heart rate. She looked at me briefly, looked at the screen, and quietly said, "I'm not allowed to make a diagnosis. But, I don't see one." That moment catapulted me into the most heart-wrenching days of my life. Follow me as I attempt to find normalcy, while loving all four of my children. Share your own stories of grief, hope, and love. I can't promise I'll always be eloquent, but I'll always be real.
Labels:
death,
grief,
ultrasound
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yep it really really sucks.
I am so sorry you lost your little girl.
Thinking of you.
We share a couple of things in common I am afraid. We have both lost our precious babies and the 3rd of Nov is also Noah's birthday. So sorry that you are going through this dreadful loss.
Thank you for reading my blog. Ashleigh, I've added your blog to my list. Thank you for sharing your life.
Anthony, I'd like to hear more about your experience. I'm new at this, and I can't seem to access contact info for you.
Nothing compares to news like that during an ultrasound. I cannot even describe the moment I found out Isaac had no brain.... I was thinking to myself "Seriously, no brain? Is that some sort of sick joke??". Thinking of you today....
Post a Comment